Monday, September 14, 2009

Hunting Season

It's that time of year again when I have a fresh round of doctors appointments checking me out making sure that there's nothing to see. This Friday I see the oncologist where I get to have my blood drawn and all the counts of various particles measured. Fun. I usually get my blood pressure reading of about 100 over 70 on these visits. And then the Mammogram is in October (10-7) the day prior to seeing my surgeon, the wonderful Dr. Heerdt.
This year I get to visit the NEW Lauder breast health facility at Sloan-Kettering. I also go to a new imaging location where they have their highest trained breast imaging experts. Now, get this: I received a letter in the mail a while back stating that I needed to go to one specific location because those radiologists where the best skilled for high-risk patients. Wonder where I'm sending all my local girls? Yup, the Jefferson Radiology in Farmington. WHY would anyone with breasts want to go anywhere else? Honestly - that sort of stuff can make a cancer patient crazy. We want the BEST care standards ALWAYS.
I'm hoping for a whole lot of "Nothing to see here. Move along." Wish me luck (and feel your boobies!)

No comments: