Monday, November 10, 2008

remember my silver linings

While the weekend was jam-packed with visits and friends it was somewhat relaxing. Jacqueline was witness to her friend's first horse show and although it was low-key, her friend won 2 blue ribbons. There was such joy in Jacq's smile when her friend was announced as the blue ribbon rider. We had friends from faraway stay the night Saturday. It was fun catching up and watching the girls giggle and have their sleepover. I had to remind myself of all the smiles and good moments when my mood started clouding over.

I woke up still a little off. The sun is fighting off the clouds here and the air has a chill. We have Brownies tonight, no school tomorrow. I caught up on a few things while Bailey was at school today, I'm trying to keep tabs on my arm. I've been wearing my sleeve and glove almost all day everyday and today, TODAY, I think that it feels a bit better. I think my fingers and arm are less puffed. I hope so. Meanwhile I'll keep sleeping with it wrapped, spend the day sleeved and gloved and drink lots of water and keep drinking my Yogi DETOX tea. I always feel like a good dose of tea makes for a better next day with my arm.

Despite feeling "off" I keep running through images of happy kids, good friends and pretty days. And also a normal arm. Even though other things are barely keeping afloat (for example my professional life) and there's a long long TO DO List that is ever-present, I am still looking for silver linings each day. At least now I recognize the things that I do that sabotage my own days. I can't avoid it always, but I do try.

No comments: