Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dead at 37: breast cancer

I don't watch "Survivor" so I have no idea about this Jennifer, but she died at 37 from stage III breast cancer. I could cry reading this but my kids are around and I hate to show them that fear.

I read some jackass comment on facebook today:
"they have a cure for cancer and they are just spending our money".
I'm not kidding - that was a real post. I cannot even imagine who would say that about any disease that you see people suffering through. I mean, have they not seen and St Jude's Children's Hospital ads? Has their family somehow been completely spared?

I've yet to meet anyone not touched by cancer in some way: a false alarm hopefully, but more likely the loss of a loved one, a family member or friend's experience, or least desirably, their own experience. Maybe he who posts such ignorant garbage is hiding with Osama in the remote caves and desolation of the Afghan/Pakistan border? Where else could such an idea survive?

No comments: